Some of you have been waiting for the wonderful scone recipe I have raved to you about. These are delicious straight from the oven, which is the BEST time to enjoy them, as they are not nearly as good when re-heated.
First, we start with my personal favorite, Namaste Foods Perfect Flour Blend. It is the for gluten-free cooking. Namaste is affordable and can be found at Costco, and is run by MOMS, so you KNOW it’s going to be good for you!
The ingredients you will need for these scones are:
- 2 Cups of Perfect flour
- 3 tsp of Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 egg
- 1/3 Cup of sugar
- 8 TBSP of Cold Butter or shortening
- 2/3 Cup of Milk
- Preheat oven to 450*
- Combine egg and milk and set aside and Combine all dry ingredients.
- Cut in Butter until it becomes the size of peas, using pastry knives or a cutter. Add wet ingredients all at once and toss gently with a fork until mixture barely stays together. DO NOT OVER-MIX, this will make the texture tough.
- Roll out the dough to about a 3/4 inch thick rectangle, and cut it into six Triangles.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until golden brown, and enjoy them RIGHT away!!
Some things to note:
*This recipe can also be used for making biscuits, simply increase the salt to up to 1 tsp, and decrease the sugar to 2 tsp, and instead of rolling and cutting them out, simply drop them onto a baking sheet and cook using the same temperature and timing.
If you really want to take it up a notch, you can add cheese, or an herbal blend for flavor. Be creative! Let me know your experiences in the comments section.
Original Recipe can be found here: